Japan is a good country. I introduce you everything good of Japan. If you are interested in Japan, don't hesitate to ask me what you want to know. And I will be also glad to know about you and your country!

04 January 2006

Mochi-tsuki - Rice Cake Making

Mochi-tsuki (rice cake making) is very popular custom in Japan on the new year season.
We can see that everywhere on that season, in front of shop, on the shopping streets, in the local living area, and so on.
I could that at shop-front of MARUI shopping centre where located in front of the Totsuka JR station,
3 persons was working together to some mount of steamed rice in a mallet mortar. 1 person was kneading and upsetting that and 2 people was pounding that in rotation. I though about it so regular working.

Many people, including me, was watching their working, and was waiting the mochi, rice cake, was completed.
Because we could eat fresh rice cake there.
That is Mochi-tsuki, Japanese popular custom on the New Year season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home